But Who'll Sarah Fee?

It occurred to me yesterday that my favorite thing to do - read a book while I'm eating - is just a combination of reading and eating. Bo-ring. I'm boring.

The Yogurt Man Cometh - Kevin Revolinski Would you sit down and listen to a stranger telling you about the year he spent teaching English in Turkey? Only if he were a really good storyteller, or if you were interested in Turkey, right?

Kevin Revolinski isn't a master talespinner, but he isn't a bad one, either. Just an average person telling you about his time abroad. I wish he'd have expanded on his trip to Egypt - all we got was that he'd gone - like he did on his trips to Cyprus and Syria.

The book ends much more powerfully than any other part in it, with a graduation and fireworks and sentimentality.

The Last Stormlord
Glenda Larke
The Stories: Five Years of Original Fiction on Tor.com
Gregory Benford, Beth Bernobich, Jedediah Berry, Michael Bishop, Terry Bisson, Alex Bledsoe, Jennifer Bosworth, Damien Broderick, Jessica Brody, Steven Brust, Daniel Abraham, Cecil Castellucci, Adam Troy Castro, John Chu, Cathy Clamp, Jacob Clifton, Deborah Coates, Paul C
Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1)
Frank Herbert