But Who'll Sarah Fee?

It occurred to me yesterday that my favorite thing to do - read a book while I'm eating - is just a combination of reading and eating. Bo-ring. I'm boring.

Talion: Revenant - Michael A. Stackpole Can I say 3 stars for most of the story and then 4 when it really picks up, at the end?

I think this book could have been a lot more satisfying had it been trimmed down a little more, been tighter and faster. If I could tear out all the pages of lesser [or un-]importance, Talion: Revenant could have been a 5 star short story! The way it is, though, I can only give it 3.5 stars, rounded up because the ending deserves at least that.

Not that the pages I'd tear out were bad, mind you. They were just too far from the plot and lessened its impact significantly.

The Last Stormlord
Glenda Larke
The Stories: Five Years of Original Fiction on Tor.com
Gregory Benford, Beth Bernobich, Jedediah Berry, Michael Bishop, Terry Bisson, Alex Bledsoe, Jennifer Bosworth, Damien Broderick, Jessica Brody, Steven Brust, Daniel Abraham, Cecil Castellucci, Adam Troy Castro, John Chu, Cathy Clamp, Jacob Clifton, Deborah Coates, Paul C
Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1)
Frank Herbert