But Who'll Sarah Fee?

It occurred to me yesterday that my favorite thing to do - read a book while I'm eating - is just a combination of reading and eating. Bo-ring. I'm boring.

The Crown Conspiracy - Michael J. Sullivan How can I review an entertaining little story with really terribly transparent writing?

I LOVED THIS BOOK. I wish I could give it a higher number, but it would feel like cheating. Where subtle hints would do just fine -wonderfully, actually- the author feels the need to explain, explain, explain -- /after/ you already understood from the hint. It gets annoying. There's also the way the characters' speech never feels real, but that can be overlooked for the sheer funness* of it all. If you don't mind Fantasy for Dummies, come on in! The water's a bit too warm but still almost great.

* although I can't shake the feeling that I only like this series because I'm a girl.

The Last Stormlord
Glenda Larke
The Stories: Five Years of Original Fiction on Tor.com
Gregory Benford, Beth Bernobich, Jedediah Berry, Michael Bishop, Terry Bisson, Alex Bledsoe, Jennifer Bosworth, Damien Broderick, Jessica Brody, Steven Brust, Daniel Abraham, Cecil Castellucci, Adam Troy Castro, John Chu, Cathy Clamp, Jacob Clifton, Deborah Coates, Paul C
Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1)
Frank Herbert